Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Finished Object Revisited

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As I was sorting through the items I'm donating to The Preemie Project, I had a change of heart about this gown set. You may remember that it looked liked this. The first thing I had to correct were the booties. I remembered them being a little big, but when I looked at them again, I discovered they were HUGE. They were knit from the same pattern as the gown, but I would say they ended up being better suited for a 1-3 month old instead of a preemie. I substituted one of the many pair I've been knitting lately and added a bow to dress them up a little. I also changed all of the dark purple ribbon to a soft pink color. I like it much better. And since the bonnet was rather plain and maybe just a little large, I added an extra ribbon across the top. I think this will help gather up the edges all around and result in a better fit. Plus it just looks pretty. I really want the gown sets I make to be as special as possible in the hope that they will bring a small measure of comfort to the families who receive them. I'm happy with this one now.

6 comments:

  1. You did such a nice job with this set. I know that there will be a family very touched by these things of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did. So delicate looking. Beautiful!

    My mom had the same problem with the bonnet. It was huge! She ended up fixing it but it's still kind of big. I'll have to knit some bootie for her to go with her set. I'm hooked on that same pattern you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous! You should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful set! I think the pink was a wonderful decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so sweet and delicate you did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe what a difference changing the ribbon made. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
~Tracy